S U P P O R T
To share the journey of St. Croix Valley Opera — past, present, and future — and to encourage our audience to join in supporting SCVO’s mission financially
F R I E N D S O F
Friends of SCVO is our NEW recurring monthly giving program, where you can partner with SCVO in providing a financially stable future for our ongoing operating budget, educational programming, and capital expenses.
Our operational foundation is KEY in sustaining the incredible growth that SCVO has experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic. Although grants and fellowships are a central part of our overall organizational budget, many times these grants are programmatically focused and can solely be used on our artistic and performance efforts. In addition, our next major addition to SCVO will be our educational programming, including the Summer Vocal Music Institute, our annual March masterclass event, and the main vocal competition during the annual “Opera on the River” weekend in August.
Here are a few of SCVO’s Operational/Educational/Capital Goals for the end of 2020 and 2021:
* to hire a part-time marketing and communication team member (December 2020)
* to upgrade our livestreaming technology to support large online events, classes, and concerts (February 2021)
* to acquire the resources and certifications necessary to launch SCVO’s formal education programs for emerging vocal artists (April 2021)
* for our director-level staff to go full-time exempt (Summer 2021)
* And to operate in a fiscally responsible way regarding SCVO’s ongoing monthly vendor, contractor, digital, and employment expenses.
Become a Friend of SCVO TODAY with a recurring monthly donation of $15 or more and receive these great season benefits:
First notification for events and concert tickets
VIP discount codes and/or seating with select concerts, both online and in-person
Special ‘behind the scenes’ interviews with artists and performers
A personalized thank you from our founders, Obed and Megan And more…
We do have plans in place for continued value for our Friends of SCVO as we move through this time of pandemic—so there will be future surprises to come! Remember, any donor who gives during the month of November and our “Bridge to Growth” Celebration Campaign will be invited to attend a private THANK YOU viewing of Jack Swanson’s newest recital, “Songs of Love and Loss” on December 10, 2020. This will be a special evening of gratitude, celebration, and, per SCVO standards, amazing music and community!
Thank you for becoming a Friend of SCVO—we look forward to our partnership over the next few years!